As promised when I posted the last post on my Christmas Milk Carton Mini Album, I have designed another mini Album with a different variation, using the same Milk Carton template for the pressie packaging. This mini album was made as a surprise to a dear friend's daughter for her recent 18th Birthday celebration.
The Measurements are as follows:
Mini Album pages-
- Cut 8- 7" long x 6 1/2" wide-( scored in half @ 3 1/4") - so your pages end up being 7"x 3 1/4" in measurement.- - 2 cut in light shade for the front and back covers.
The remainder of the album elements-
- Cut 17 large tags - from SU 'Two Tags' Bigz die.- 1 of these are black, 4 dk colour; 12 lighter shade
- 16 Embossed Designer rectangle Frames - made from the SU Designer Duo Frames, then hand cut with paper snips around the embossed edge. These will frame your little photos. (photos approx 3.5cm x 5cm or 1 3/8" x 2") Most photo labs have sizes close available in their kiosks- usually selected in 'packages' options. I also cut 1 extra frame that had previously had a collage of stamped/embossed designs for the front cover- see photos for reference.
- Cut 16 smaller tags from the SU 'Two Tags' Bigz Die in another colour- mine are Basic Grey cardstock- these are to be tucked within the other tags in your album for the purpose of journaling the details.- each tag has a hole punched at the top centre and threaded with a variety of ribbon tassels.
- Cut 1 from Decorative Famelit die for the front cover from silver glimmer paper. I've sliced it in the centre and spread it for top and bottom of the tag embellished cluster- see photo.
- Various embellishments are made using scraps of coordinating cardstock featured in the album using - the smallest scallop circle punch, medium scallop circle punch, leaves from the Bird Builder punch, 1" circle punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslit die,New SU Butterfly punch.
- Stamps- retired SAB Fresh Vintage - background of pages done with Versamark ink.
- - Delicate Doillies, Creative Elements, Retired - Style Beautiful, Papaya Collage,-silver embossing powder.
- Bling- gems from Stampin Up. Other- Ribbon scraps, Silver glitter Lettering.
- Cardstock- Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Black, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla
- Ink- Concord Crush, Black, Versamark-watermark.
- Score all album pages in half - long length ways- 7" x 3 1/4" wide
- I randomly stamped images all over the pages of my cardstock with versamark to add dimension.
- Start by placing 2 lengths of Sticky Strip on backside of the right of the fold - 1 strip near the centre and the other near the edge, repeat this process for all your pages and taking care stick the pages carefully near the back centre fold and line up each page with no overhang. * sticky strip is unforgiving LOL! - but strong!
- Add the larger of the tags to the top of each page
- Add the Designer frame on top of the large tag layer
- Prior to add the embellishments on the bottom of each page I did a little embossing with silver embossing powder- only..... confession here, even though I had randomly stamped my pages dayssssssss before and one would think that there would be no more 'tackiness', it did make some of my newly stamped designs a bit 'muddy' in crispness of the new print- something that became more obvious once I was heat embossing- live and learn!- and I am my own worse critic :-(
- Embellish the bottom half of each page as seen in the photos or as per preferred.
- Ink around the edges of your small tags, punch hold in top, thread ribbon, doubled through loop to decorate. - see photos.
- Decorate front of album as per photo.
Milk Carton packaging for Album
- I used a 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm) window sheet and randomly stamped all over it with versamark and then embossed with silver embossing powder and assembled as per instructions here for Milk Carton Template
Here it is with Mini Album stored inside the window sheet milk carton
And on conclusion of this project you have a nice memento of this 'coming of age' milestone.
It was a pleasure to put together and I think this album is an even easier design than my previous alternative.
I know that the lovely young lady who received this loves purples and butterflies and elegance, so I'm sure it will be embraced. Her mum can add the photos and journaling and as she likes :-)
Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and enjoy your New Year Celebrations too, stay safe ♥
Have a great week everyone,