Sunday, November 6, 2011

Post Brisbane Regional

Hi Everyone
Well I can report that I had an awesome day at Brisbane Regionals which I might add started very early for us. Not only was it my first Regional for Stampin Up but the first time I have
presented for them too. That being the case we had to be there early for the 'low down' of how things go and also work alongside staff in setting up and registering. I found this assisted my tummy full of nerves and I got to meet some other demo sisters right from the get go,
all delightful of course!

Once you had checked in, collected your name label and kit than you could begin your swapping. I enjoyed this process enough at my first Stampin Up Convention in May so I decided to make 50 swaps for this day. I'm happy to say that I was able to exchange all of them and came home with some delightful ideas as well. This tradition is also a nice way to put names to faces of the demos, whose work you may have been inspired by and chatted to online as well as make new friends.

50 Swaps to go!

My Swap- featuring the Established Elegance stamp set

The Presenters for the day went something like this- Aaron Scott- our Australia manager
opened the event and than the day was followed on by a series of other presenters- Clare Martin (staff ), Julie Quinn- Wow Presenter , Sophie Zadeh, (staff- Training Facilitator). I was first up after a 10 minute break (this gave us next 3 Wow presenters time to set up and the previous to clean up- very quick exchange LOL! ) So next up - Myself (Ruth Clarke)- Wow presenter; Kim Gavarra -Wow presenter combined with Aaron and Tina White- Wow Presenter. We than had a lunch break with was provided- very yummy and healthy!


Aaron Scott-Australian SU Manager

Clare Martin- SU Office Staff - Quality Control

Julie Quinn- WOW Demo Presenter

Sophie Zadeh- SU Office Staff- Training Facilitor
Kim Gavarra- WOW Demo Presenter
                                                     Tina White- WOW Demo Presenter

Amanda Maycock- SU Office Staff - Events Co-ordinator

The afternoon session kicked off with another presentation from Sophie, than Clare- we had a opportunity than to do our make and takes with our new stamp set and kits- yay!!!, than a Wow presentation by Kym Bryne, Amanda Maycock (staff) and finalized by our Australian manager- Aaron Scott. At this stage I can't share the content of the staff presentations because there is yet one last Regional to take place in Melbourne, which completes the state circuit and sure wets one's appetite for Canberra Conference next year!

Almost full to capacity Brisbane Regional settle into Make n Takes!

It was a big day, much more relaxing for me by lunch time having done my presentation, nervous as ever, stuffed up on the finale' - (as Murphy's Law would have it) and was relieved I had done a Story-book-step by step chart to make all steps clear. Here is my Wow presentation and some other examples.


The Photo-board of step to step of Wow demo

Close up of final steps

Layout example using Oval Designer Frame Rings (achieved with the use of the Orginal's Oval die too)
Another Layout example using the Rectangle Designer Frames as little photo frames

Brisbane Regional Display Board of all the projects featured in my WOW Presentation


Featuring - DSP-Timeless Portrait;  DSP- Speciality Edition, Duo Designer Frames; Embosslit- Beautiful Wings

Another example of how to use the Designer frames- Stamp- Heat Emboss & than Dry Emboss


Both Cards & 3 D wall-hanging using the Top Note Bigz die joined together displaying collective ideas on the Designer Frames.

I was demonstrating the many uses of the Duo- Designer Frames- in particular - Double Embossing, followed by different ways to use them. Gathering from the feedback I got it was well received despite the respective nerves and mistakes one make when speaking in front of a large, unfamiliar crowd LOL! And did you know that 'Dotto' can also be known as 'Ditto'- because you can stick it repeated amount of times LOL! (another hic up in the wording --yeah.......)

In saying all that even though it felt like I was jumping out of an aeroplane, I'd be happy to do it again (only better) if the opportunity ever presents itself. In the meantime back to speaking to my fine customers in smaller group situations :-)

Before leaving for the day Sophie had us get together for a quick snap.


Brisbane Regional WOW Presenters for the day- Kym, Myself, Julie, Kim & Tina
Because this is a heavily loaded photo share on this post I'll leave the Display Board share ( though not including Staff demos until final Regional has taken place) and photos of friendly connections for another post.

Well till next time- thanks for dropping by, what not say hi if you do.
Enjoy - Ruthy xf

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Ruth ..... I thought you all did well and I think Ditto sounds nicer..hehehe...I was lucky enough to swap with you and as usual your work is stunning. Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear Friend. It was awesome to catch up with you on Saturday again. We must do it again very soon. You were wonderful up there on stage and your projects were outstanding as usual. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogland Ruthie!! Many will be blessed to see your fine creations! Presenting is always nervewracking but also exciting & fun - congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, presenting at your very first Regionals, Ruth! Great to see you are now blogging. You know I am a HUGE fan of your work; can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab to see you blogging Ruth! Love your regionals samples. Oh so amazing as usual! Those frames look so amazing with the Timeless Portrait paper.

    ReplyDelete