Monday, November 4, 2013

JAI Scrapbook Challenge #23 - Just Add Me

Hi Everyone, 


As you can probably relate as a scrapbooker, we more times than not document most things but not very often ourselves. Our families (and other interested parties) whether they show an interest in the present, are going to be just as interested to know about you and they are the albums you have created. Plus I think it can be empowering to document aspects of ourselves too.

 For example- do you still have some dreams you wish to act on or go to steps to bringing them into fruition. 
There is a biblical scripture that says "write the vision and make it plain" Habakkuk 2:3  

 Documenting be in photo form or text, reminds us about things that are precious to us, perhaps even in  reflection it can encourage us or heal us as a result of processing an aspect of our life. 

So this Just Add Ink Scrapbook Challenge came at a very timely point for me as I've just begun to embark on university studies. It has always been a desire for me to have gone on to senior studies and pursue my dreams- whilst in school it was one of two choices- a. to become a Home Economics teacher (I aced that subject at school - got a Dux award)  I enjoyed helping my fellow classmates catch up and finish their projects. I guess in lots of ways I've fullfilled aspects of that in being a paperarts teacher both in my own business prior as a scrapbook shop owner and now with Stampin Up, but also taught many of my friends patchwork/sewing etc.

The other equally of interest was nursing. I've always been curious about the steps taken to 'fix' something medically and share a geniune concern for people's wellbeing. (though in saying that I'm not one to reach for a pill or offer them to my kids as a quick fix, to something that can be solved in more natural or practical means as I believe there is a lot we can do in life to help ourselves)  Now 30 years ago I grew up in an environment where senior or tertiary education was not encouraged especially for females, seen as a waste of time if one is going to be a wife and mother !

So here I am 33 years later, raised and still raising the last of 5 children, now a grandmother and work the greater part of a week, I'm also adding tertiary study and making steps towards entering uni for Nursing! Never give up on your dreams, better still put it on paper!!!

Here is my take on the challenge


My layout is very much inspired by the sketch found here, I found it absolutely perfect for my subject choice and colours dare I say LOL!

I've used papers, washi tape and stickers from the Stampin Up DSP- This and That. 
Some of the stamps are Gorgeous Grunge and Word Play.



So check out what the rest of the JAI team has done too by clicking on the badge below.



Be encouraged and have an awesome week,

.EnjoyRuthy


1 comment:

  1. Love the LO Ruthy and congrats on the study! Good on you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete