Here is another continuance of my presentation projects from Brisbane Heartfelt Event last Saturday 17th November.
It was a great day such wealth of creativity in the rooms and on the boards, in later posts I'll have a photo share of those displayed.
In this post I'll share the rest of my fabric featured projects before moving on towards the papercraft versions. It is fair to say that I married the two in almost all my items, with barely a sewing machine involved and definitely easy sewing skills, that anyone can achieve.
These items I'd have to say I think were my personal favourites and appeal to my vintage tastes and love for all things sewing notions.
Sewing Notions- gift boxed
To Make this Gift Box I used:
- 2 sheets of cardstock- 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm) (Lid in Crumb Cake and box bottom in Soft Suede)
- 3/4 of a Mtr of Crumb Cake Tulle for bow on box lid
- 3 wooden cotton reels in graduating sizes (found at local craft store) - inked and sponged with Soft Suede
- 3 short lengths to wrap around reels of - Cotton ribbon (currently in holiday catalogue)- I have run the stamp wheel design - In Stitches over the cotton tape before sticking around the cotton reel, crochet lace trim and Soft Suede taffeta ribbon around the other smaller size reels.
- Designer frame and mini brads (in current holiday catalogue)
- Stamp sets- Delicate Doilies and Established Elegance - dress form and "Modes..Aux Elegants" wording
- Hello Doily- stamped on window sheet with versamark, embossed with white embossing powder and trimmed around shape attached to box with glue dots.
- Vintage Faceted Buttons and Pearls - Jumbo to multi size pack.
- Beau Chateau Designer Fabric (Pink spot)
- Other- DK brown and Lt pink felt- flowers cut from Fun Flowers and Original Blossoms Big Shot dies.
Hello Doily Stamp
Delicate Doilies Stamp set
Established Elegance Stamp Set
Beau Chateau Designer Fabric
How to the construct box:
- Following the score guidelines on the templates shown below-
Lid of Box-Template- score lines and Cutting measurements
Adhere red sticky strip on the reverse side of the most outer edge on all 4 sides.
Bottom of Box - Template- Score lines and Measurements
Before you assemble the lid of the box together -stamp randomly all over it with various stamps from the stamp set - Delicate Doilies, stamped in versamark for a subtle effect. I also spritzed the lid using the spritzer tool with a Soft Suede Writer on the brush end. Finally assemble the box and ink around the edges with your ink sponge using Soft Suede Ink.
Decorate the box with the materials and stamps mentioned above using the photograph as reference.
Sun Bonnet Sue Hat Pin Cushion
I made this using a chipboard shape cut from the Scalloped Circle Bigz Shot Die and an empty glue dots chipboard ring for the bonnet part of the hat. Cut circle fabric large enough for both to be able to draw in with gathered thread to the centre of both pieces and then hand stitch together the two pieces together, finish off the hat brim with ribbon, lace and crumb cake tulle. I've added some felt flowers, Vintage Faceted button and a jumbo pearl.
The Petal Cone Snips Pouch
Using the Bigz Petal Cone Die, I cut a piece of DSP backing cardboard to large enough size to cover the die required, first with a sheet of multipurpose adhesive sheet and then some Beau Chateau designer fabric, ran it through the big shot and also cut two additional half circles, again covered in fabric before hand. The project is decorated with crocheted lace trim and tassels and assembles using red sticky strip. Finished off with some felt flowers as in the other matching projects.
This above project was made using the Bigz circle scallop die. Before running the fabric through the big shot I ironed some Pellon thin wadding to the wrong side of the fabric, run it through the big shot and run a stitch around the edge with contrast colour, fill with toy fill just before you close the opening. You could add a ribbon loop if you wanted to use it as a scented sachet I've used it here as an alternate style pin cushion. You could also fill a shape like this with potpurri or lavender.
Any fabric or vintage lover would love to have this as a Handmade gift.
Hope you enjoyed this other segment from my Heartfelt Presentation in Brissie.
Next Post more from Brisbane Heartfelt event and templates etc.
Enjoy - Ruthy