Sunday, February 12, 2012

Everyday Enchantment with Family Heritage

Hi Everyone,

Had the pleasure of getting together today with a few friends and had an enjoyable day of crafting together- for me that was scrapbooking. 
At present I am enjoying working on some of my family's heritage photos- in this case from my mother's side of the family. I recently sat down with an Aunt and she let me scan several photos from her albums. These images are so precious because my mother hasn't had a lot to show from her childhood and people didn't just snap photos as we can do these days in which various forms of photography is more accessible to the majority.
As with my mum and her her surviving relatives, they are getting on in age (82 and 84 yrs) it is even more vital to record the information that goes with these photographs before its all too late- hence the reason I scrapbook in the first instance- to preserve our family memories and heritage!
I have used sketches too from PageMaps.

All these layouts have been put together using the DSP- Everyday Enchanted from the current
 SALE-A-BRATIONS leaflet- here are those papers

and those lovely brads too-



Olive- 1917
(This layout features my maternal grandmother ages 17 yrs old- I realised looking at her birth year- 1900,  that there is 100 years age difference between my grandmother and my last child- Gabriella- born 2000- both in January)

My Aunty Iris - 1946

 and last but not least of all-

Captured Downtown- 1940's


Well hope you enjoyed the scrap inspiration, and if you have please say hi :-)

Have a great week and don't miss out on these lovely saleabration gifts to be had.

            Enjoy - Ruthy xf 



3 comments:

  1. Wow Ruth! Each of these pages is gorgeous, and the photos precious. I love the old black and whites....such nostalgia. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are really beautiful Ruth,how lovely that you were able to get hold of such treasured memories to scrap with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have done these old photos - I always thing of neutral tones when I see these golden oldies, but you have given these precious photos a lovely fresh feel - so lovely.

    ReplyDelete