Sunday, September 8, 2013

Just Add Washi Tape- JAI #21 Scrapbooking Challenge

Hi Everyone, Time for another JAI Scrapbooking challenge for September.
 This month we want you to

Just  Scrap with Washi



So what is washi? Washi is an acid free japanese tape that is all the rage in the scrapbooking industry at the moment and has been for some time but in my opinion is making a resurge.
They are a very adaptable and easy embellishment and adhesive for that matter to use.

Our JAI challenge for you is to actually use it on your scrapbooking LO or mini album or scrapbooking project.  
Here is my take on the challenge. I'm finally making a step towards documenting this years STampin Up convention which was in Brisbane this time. Here is Day 1- booking in with my JAI pals (Just Add Ink- Design Team)  at the motel. I've used product from the stampin Up - This and That collection.



 I guess its meant to be used as a 'smash album'- definition of 'Smash style' - "SMASH is the "unscrapbook" for people who don't have time or think they aren't creative". .
"  It's basically 'anything goes', a ecliptic collection of memories, random bits, date stamps, journaling jots, memorabilia pieces ie- business cards, movie ticket, bus ticket, photos - you name it. I also get the feeling that your suppose to put it down without being to fussy about straightness and order"

But I have to say, you can't take the straight out of me, I'm a 'got to have it organized ' sort of person, I don't tolerate mess, unless its gonna be cleaned soon, creative mess in the process is fine, but I don't cope with disorganized chaos, unless its an unplanned emergency life and death LOL! and you working to save a person's life. even then, there is some sense of direction in doing that.  Its just how I roll ;-) 




Check out  what the scrapbooking design team came up with by clicking on the badge below.

Have a great week,

.EnjoyRuthy

1 comment: